By Dan Moffett
Let's start with the basics first to find out who needs a visa, the type of visas that are available and how to figure out which one you need.
- A Green Card Holder's Rights and Responsibilities
- How Long Will I Have To Wait for My Visa?
- What Is the Difference Between an Immigrant Visa and a Nonimmigrant Visa?
- Which Type of Visa is Right For You?
- Tips for Getting Through the Port of Entry
Nonimmigrant (Temporary) Visas
If you're coming to the U.S. for a short period of time for business, travel and some types of temporary work, you will need a nonimmigrant visa to enter the country.
- NAFTA Professional TN Visas
- TN Visa Requirements For Canadian Citizens
- Exchange Program Visas
- Student Visas
- What To Wear to an Immigration Interview
Immigrant (Permanent) Visas
If you want to live and work permanently in the U.S., you will need an immigrant visa. These types of visas lead to a green card.