1. News & Issues

DV-2011 Green Card Lottery Online Status Check is Now Open

By June 30, 2010

DV-2011 green card lottery status check is now available online at the E-DV website.

From now until June 30, 2011, DV-2011 green card lottery applicants can check the status of their entry through the E-DV website. You will need the confirmation page that you received when you entered the lottery during the last entry period (October 2, 2009 to November 30, 2009). You will be asked to provide your entrant's confirmation number (16 alphanumeric number), last name/family name, and year of birth in order to check the entrant status online.

To find out if your DV-2011 green card lottery entry was selected, go to the E-DV website at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/.

(Note: There is a warning that the E-DV site only supports Internet Explorer. If you are successful using another web browser, please take the time to write a comment to let others know.)

Good luck!

Comments

June 30, 2010 at 5:45 pm
(1) KUSH says:

based on the information provided,the ENTRY HAS NOT been selected for further processing.oopz!

June 30, 2010 at 6:05 pm
(2) Mike says:

If the database for the EDV check states that you HAVE NOT BEEN selected on July 1st, does that mean that if you keep checking there may still be a chance that you are selected during the year? I am asking because of the fact that the notification page is going to be available for nearly an entire year therefore does that signify that they select people as they go or do they just select about 100,000 applicants and update the database immediately by July 1 ?

Thanks!

June 30, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(3) O says:

i was wondering the same thing Mike – if anyone has any insight,greatly appreciated!

June 30, 2010 at 10:27 pm
(4) Yaz says:

I got the same respond! Your entry has not been selected blah blah!

June 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm
(5) Toss says:

I got the same results Mike, so im not sure if thats it.. but lets keep checking they may still be under the process of selecting. Good luck fellas.

June 30, 2010 at 10:31 pm
(6) Tossh says:

I saw the same thing Mike, but lets keep checking maybe they’re still under the process of selecting people.
Good luck fellows.

June 30, 2010 at 11:27 pm
(7) Osman says:

In my case it says “Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2011 Electronic Diversity Visa program. “

July 1, 2010 at 5:13 am
(8) moa says:

I did manage to use this site on Firefox 3.6

July 1, 2010 at 7:49 am
(9) ali says:

noooo!!! me too my entry has not been selected but i don’t give up im waiting for dv lottery 2012

July 1, 2010 at 11:10 am
(10) mother says:

I just called and they said that they changed the date,it’s on august 1st now. you should call and ask 6065267500

July 1, 2010 at 11:43 am
(11) gabben says:

It works with Firefox as well. IE or Firefox, the result is the same… NOT SELECTED…
august 1st? is this true???
lets hope it is not over yet….

July 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm
(12) rob says:
July 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm
(13) carl says:

i just called them and they said that the status will never change, sorry guys

July 2, 2010 at 3:30 am
(14) HARI says:

Just the same answer guys.

July 2, 2010 at 7:53 am
(15) MENACER says:

Is the Algerian citizen has the opportunity to this lottery
Is the list of people identified all

July 2, 2010 at 4:00 pm
(16) Liz B says:

Has anyone won the 2010 lottery? please let me know.

July 2, 2010 at 7:48 pm
(17) Rachid says:

Hi Jenny, firefox works fine …what s next ? will KCC send the second letter soon ? Do they follow the order of receipt of documents or the order of CN ..please help me with this.. thx a lot for your help !

July 6, 2010 at 11:18 am
(18) mary-jane says:

Has anyone won d lottery.I’m so unhappy right now…I’m going to keep trying though, year after year!!!

July 7, 2010 at 12:50 pm
(19) gabriel says:

pls i don’t know anything about this some people are saying august but they said july 1. but lets put hope in god and things will walk out.

July 8, 2010 at 10:03 am
(20) leila says:

WHEN DID START THE NEW DV LOTTERY PLEASE GIVE ME THE SITE FOR COMPLET FORM FOR NEW DV LOTTERY THANK YOU

July 13, 2010 at 5:01 am
(21) hassan says:

Dear Selectee,
Based on the information and confirmation number provided, you should have received a letter by mail from the United States Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) notifying you that your Diversity Visa entry was selected in the DV-2011 lottery.
but i dont have any lettre , what happen

July 15, 2010 at 12:42 am
(22) lyn says:

Rachid, I think I won, I want to realocate to another country to work. But lam worried of the address l used, when do we expect the second notification from KCC, after the first selectee leter

July 18, 2010 at 6:17 am
(23) Kimsour says:

Hi,
In order to search to make sure one person is selected or not, why not allow to search just input Last/Family Name, Date of birth, country Name? Because it cannot search when someone lost their confirmation number. One more, some applicant applied by company, so they don’t know they themselves are selected or not. They knew they are selected when that company told them but that company not tell them the Confirmation Number. How can they search to make they are selected by DV lottery?

Thanks

July 23, 2010 at 12:09 pm
(24) laurette says:

hassan if you did not receive the letter from KCC. you should call them quick before october 1st because they select 100000 but they only retain 50000. the earlier you call the better.

July 23, 2010 at 12:16 pm
(25) lolo says:

lynn If you have received the first letter, it should have told you that you have to fill out 2 forms DS 122 and i forgot the other one and return it to them for further processing. Once you do that it will take about 3 months to get the second letter at least that is what it took in my case. you could always call and ask if the letter is already on his way if not you could relocate and give them your new address. i was s happy to win. others keep trying you could actually win. this was the third time i played

July 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm
(26) danrace says:

HELP HELP HELP!!! Please vote to oppose an Arziona-like law in Florida!!!!
Here is the poll link:

Thanks a lot!

July 28, 2010 at 12:12 am
(27) lyn says:

lolo, thank you so much for that advice, well when I got the first NL, I ofcource filled, the two forms DS 122 and Dsp 230 1&11 and send back with the photos. so I was just wondering if I should realocate but was not sure how long it takes to process the second letter. Thanks.
For those who didn’t win, keep on trying, Gods’ timings is actually the best!

August 5, 2010 at 1:30 am
(28) Adeboyin Olubowale says:

I dont understand what is going on,bcos anytime i fill my information into entrant status check,it will be showing base on the information you enter,HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED.Later i clicked on the help,it display that dear selectee…….if you didnt receive any letter till August 1st that i should call one number,but before i could copy the number it shows that SESSION TIME OUT……So am convince i dont know what to do.I shall be extremely greatfull if you can give me a helping hand.Thanks

August 9, 2010 at 7:53 am
(29) Hein says:

hello everyone
I’m Heinn from Burma and I was selected as DV 2011 according to https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/.But I still haven’t got my selectee letter by postal mail and I tried to contact KCC by email on Aug 1 2010 with providing my confirmation no , full name, date of birth and country, .But they reply with following as
“Thank you for your inquiry,
You must visit the Department of State website at dvselectee.state.gov where you will find instructions and forms for completing the required processing steps. Once your forms have been received, and your selection has been confirmed, your case will continue processing.
The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. It is not necessary to submit additional forms to amend this mistake.
The failure to include the bar code sheet with your forms will not affect the processing of your case. It is not necessary to submit the bar code sheet to KCC if you have already sent your forms.”
So what do they mean that? I hoped they would send to me by email but how can they reply with that?
Please explain me

August 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm
(30) Begk says:

Hein It actually happened with me.I didn’t receive the notification letter and was confirmed that I was selected for further processing.It is clear that political instability in some countries will affect their other services.And the postal service is not exception.

August 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm
(31) fahim,sameh gamel says:

August 15, 2010 at 5:26 am
(32) Erico says:

Yapps Guyz, I just got the same reply your status has not been selected, does it mean the selection is still underway or we should just give up for now and start thinking of next season? pliz help.

August 27, 2010 at 1:17 pm
(33) mohamed says:

i was selected(2011) but i havnt received the second letter but when i sent the kcc an email they answered me that the second letter is on its way.i want to know in case i go to the US is it easy to find a job and a house especially that i dont know anybody in the US
THANKS

August 28, 2010 at 5:18 am
(34) Rubel says:

I have been selected for the DV-2011. But I have not been received the First Letter (Selectee Letter) yet. Now what should I do. I send a e-mail regarding this matter to KCC. They replied that omission of Bar Code sheet and Case Number will not affect the further processin of DV-2011.

Now please help me what should I do.

August 29, 2010 at 6:57 am
(35) Heinn says:

Hi Rubel
We are the same .
Here my advice Just sent required forms without Bar code sheet and case number ( Rank order Number) to KCC immediately now.
‘Cause we just won the DV 2011 via free by online , at present why don’t we believe our luck again and sent forms to KCC and wait for the second letter from KCC
It’s just a luck .I hope we can win that luck again and KCC will choose me fri :D

September 13, 2010 at 12:23 pm
(36) Ayomide says:

Dear/Sir/ma
please i have a little problem, when i played visa lottery DV 2011, i used 3rd Name [ Ayomide Funmilayo Temilade] but on my WAEC result, Ayomide Funilayo was reflected, and no 3rd name pls what should I do on this issue before my interview will be scheduled pls I will be very grateful if my request is favour granted thanks, urgent response

September 24, 2010 at 7:23 am
(37) Alzouma says:

hello Hein,
I’m in same case like you. Tell me have you finally get something about? i sent my forms to kcc, but any time i writh them about my case, they asked me my case number.

September 27, 2010 at 6:40 am
(38) Heinn says:

The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY).

This is when I asked them about case processing…
so poor our condition!!!

October 5, 2010 at 2:48 pm
(39) Sinem says:

Clicking on the link but it is NOT WORKING! How to check? I even went on their official site and clicked the link to check but to no avail. It says the webpage has been moved or not availalble. :( Help.