1. News & Issues

When Will I Find Out if I'm a Green Card Lottery Winner?

By June 1, 2010

To clear up any confusion about the notification process for DV-2011 green card lottery winners, here's how it works:

• If YOU ARE a lottery winner, you will receive a letter in the mail from the the Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky. This letter will contain the information you need to apply for the green card. Winners are getting their letters now. Letters were first mailed at the beginning of May and will continue to go out until the beginning of July.

• If YOU ARE NOT a lottery winner, you will not receive notification of any kind.

• You can CHECK YOUR STATUS ONLINE beginning July 1, 2010. This is the second year that all entrants may check the status of their entry online. Status information for DV-2011 will be available online from July 1, 2010, until June 30, 2011.

Do you want to learn more about the diversity visa program? You can find out all about the green card lottery, including answers to your frequently-asked diversity visa program questions, information on how to enter the green card lottery and other resources.

Comments

February 23, 2010 at 6:21 am
(1) Dominic says:

I was selected in the year 2010 Im still waiting for results the second time and how will I know have been selected.

February 23, 2010 at 6:26 am
(2) Dominic says:

Waiting for the 2010 results.

March 16, 2010 at 12:44 pm
(3) BOATEYU BOAMPONG says:

i was a winner in the 2007 draw and i have not receive the letter for interview

March 31, 2010 at 6:04 am
(4) Racheal says:

I can’t check my status because my confirmation code is 14 digits and i need 16 digits says the E-DV

May 20, 2010 at 3:52 am
(5) david says:

I’m a 2010 applicant of the green card lottery but didn’t give my email so i’m waiting for the results but dont know how to get it.

May 24, 2010 at 3:18 am
(6) Zigiju simien mountain's boy says:

…..my God!!!

I am very tired of thinking about……!

when is my dream coming true…? can’t wait!
Going to America meeting all the basic needs a real human being like you deserves, after all the access for education and the like… love and wish you candidates all the very best of luck!!!!

June 2, 2010 at 9:32 am
(7) Onwaeze Ifeoma says:

I have been selected for the 2010 GC lottery but the second letter is yet to come. I pray it comes and i pray the same for others who are still waiting.

June 7, 2010 at 10:39 am
(8) ruqia says:

Hi, Can someone tell me what the application for this year will be out?

thanks

June 8, 2010 at 5:34 pm
(9) vincent says:

am waiting for 2010 results till 1july

June 8, 2010 at 7:24 pm
(10) sai says:

i lost my reference #(confirmation code) can any1 tel hw can chek my status, or get confirmation code again

June 9, 2010 at 8:23 am
(11) chakunte patience says:

i played the DV lottery i wish to know when it will be out and when can i check if am a winner or not.

June 10, 2010 at 8:16 am
(12) Afunmiso Oladele Seun says:

How will someone who confirmed lottery status online and won but did not receive hard copy package go about getting solution to resolve this issue. How will i get my own package after confirming that i won but i didnt received any mail from Kentucky within the specified period of time .

Thanks.

July 3, 2010 at 5:22 am
(13) babak says:

Hi guys
I got my NL for dv lottery 2011, but in barcode sheet my firstnamne suffix nissed!?!? does it can cause problems and may disqualified me?
Please help me if you may know something about this problem.
thans

July 7, 2010 at 7:54 am
(14) amina mimi says:

just wish it wil be possible because this is my first time here and also wish every one good luck and all that… keep me posted please.

July 11, 2010 at 3:00 pm
(15) nora says:

pls i want someone 2 help me on how I’m going 2 use my confirmation number 2 check weather I’m a winner or not. have not gotten a mail yet

July 11, 2010 at 3:26 pm
(16) nora says:

hello, I’m frm Nigeria pls i want to know where to use my my confirmation number on net

August 3, 2010 at 8:40 pm
(17) Meron says:

hye my name is Meron..From ERITREA..I am asylum seeks wood u please send to me any thing or helpme…………….

September 6, 2010 at 1:04 pm
(18) njualem gabriel says:

I am a dv 2011 winner from Cameroon but up to now i have not recieve my notification letter.

What should i do?Is it possible for me to be issued a second letter?
My new adress is