1. News & Issues

Immigration Quote of the Week: Sarah Palin

By January 22, 2010

Sarah Palin

"Let me address legal immigration and we need to continue to be so welcoming and inviting of those who are represented there by our Statue of Liberty. The immigrants, of course, built this country. And I think republicans, conservatives are at fault when we allow the other side to capture this immigration issue and try to turn this issue into something negative for republicans. I think we need to recognize that again, immigrants built this great country. There are rules to follow if you want to be a part of this great country. Let's make sure people are following the rules. But let's welcome this."

- Former Alaska Governor, 2008 Republican vice president nominee and Fox News contributor, Sarah Palin, on "The Glenn Beck Program." Palin has said she supports a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, which has caused problems with conservatives who strongly oppose amnesty of any kind.

Comments

January 23, 2010 at 10:24 am
(1) Immigration Law says:

I hope that Sarah first raises her IQ , the start talking about things that she is totally IGNORANT about.
Sarah does not even know how many countries there are in the world :) Let alone Immigration laws.

I’m positive that she does not even know that there is Blacks Law Dictionary. Here is a simple question whats EWI in immigration ? Enough said, Only the follies follow the folly.

January 23, 2010 at 10:43 am
(2) Jack says:

Sarah,

I am a Republican and I totally agree with you. My parents came to the US for a better life and they found it while learning English and becoming a part of this great society. A path to legalization with strict rules are a great way to ensure that our Social Security does not run out of funds and we produce young Americans who will not be outnumbered by with nations radical religious views. We need to give people, who contribute, a sense of security and a legalized way to paying taxes, learning English, byuing a house, a car, etc…. This will defenitly contribute to getting our economy back on track..

January 23, 2010 at 10:45 pm
(3) philip avon st cyr says:

Only a person who has basically nothing to say keeps repeating the same idea.

Palin is a chronic Repeater.

January 24, 2010 at 12:01 am
(4) kim says:

To the previous quote. She may not know the exact amount of countries on the planet,(nor does 99% of the worlds population) but at least she knows how many states we have unlike our President who thinks we have 57.

January 24, 2010 at 8:22 am
(5) cjohnthan says:

>Immigration Law says:

i hope you read comments of the other people, before you spit. hope you can get it eventually.

rule number one: respect others talking when you start to talk.

January 24, 2010 at 10:48 am
(6) R. McPhail says:

I think that they’re allot of off center liberals who can cast nothing but rude comments about Sarah in a attempt to discredit her. I actually believe that these folks are afraid of a women who actually has more motivation to try to get things done than they do.
The thought that the healing of our country maybe guided by the hand of a women scares *&^%$**of of them.

January 26, 2010 at 11:36 am
(7) James says:

If this woman was any dumber you would have to water her twice a week.

January 26, 2010 at 11:46 am
(8) itisme says:

To poster…immigration law says,
If I recall correctly Obama didn’t know how many states there are!

Go Sarah! You hit the nail on the head!

January 26, 2010 at 12:38 pm
(9) bill marczewski says:

I’m disabled vietnam veteran and nationalized in 1970 after ETS. from NAM. and never recived my nationalization certificat one year later I ware invited to INS and coorst to signed blank paper or gat arested that day, INS saiz the blank paper was [ valantery withdrowal of patiton for naturalization]. I lived as a citizen since 1970 today ican’t get SSI becouse I don’t have my green card, couse I sorrenderd it when reqested to the Army when I was drefted. this case could bring Sera P alin right to top of immigration isue. interested? have Sera call me; 360-783-2336 .
MORE;+